Here we are through week 5. This week included my lowest points. Let’s review real quick
- There was a snowstorm that kept my cast on 2 extra days – Then it came off.
- I was unable to do even little foot movements the weekend the cast came off. Could not curl my toes, nothing, nada.
- I was shocked at how bad my foot was – I had the idea that I would be super mobile and all “let’s move around” after 4.5 weeks of laying around. It was actually the opposite as I sat in pain worse than the previous 4 weeks. It caught me off guard. However – the bone looks good – Like this.
- My cankles were on full display
- I am ready to weight bear – Monday should be the day we start adding that back in. I will bring crutches for longer moves, but around the house and the office I will be working things back in.
- Going to the gym was still way harder than I anticipated. I could not set the weights up myself and couldn’t get around that great. I think it needs to wait until I am off of the crutches for good, we will assess in PT on Monday. In reality I will have missed 2 months of workouts hoping to gain years on the back end.
- I had a few really bad days where all of this got to me. It’s really frustrating and I have not found a good outlet for that frustration (ya know, like running)
So there it is. Through some weeks…. Hoping recovery starts picking up speed and we can start adding in more and more PT , and in a few weeks a sneaker! I can’t wait for a sneaker!